• Subtle structural features of donated kidneys—which were observed through biopsies taken at the time of donation—were associated with the longevity of organs after they were transplanted.
17-Jan-2020 2:50 PM EST Add to Favorites
• In analyses of biopsies of deceased donor kidneys, a repeat biopsy often showed very different findings than the initial biopsy, calling into question decisions to decline an organ based on the initial biopsy findings.
• Although the first...
20-Jan-2020 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) has developed a Kidney Care First (KCF) Model Calculator, a tool that will help nephrologists anticipate how their practices might perform if they choose to participate in the new payment program.
14-Jan-2020 10:55 AM EST Add to Favorites
• In adults followed for a median of 17.5 years, cardiovascular diseases—including heart failure, atrial fibrillation, coronary heart disease, and stroke—were each linked with a higher risk of developing kidney failure.
• Heart failure was...
3-Jan-2020 2:30 PM EST Add to Favorites
House Energy and Commerce Committee Holds Hearing on Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage, a Key Legislative Priority of American Society of Nephrology
Washington, DC (January 8, 2020) — The House Energy and Commerce Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing on Wednesday, January 8, on the Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2019, advancing a...
8-Jan-2020 3:00 PM EST Add to Favorites
• Among patients who experience cardiac arrest while in the hospital, those on dialysis were less likely to have a shockable rhythm and more likely to be outside of the intensive care unit at the time of arrest compared with patients not on...
2-Jan-2020 12:50 PM EST Add to Favorites
• In a study of kidney transplant recipients, those with higher adherence to the Mediterranean diet were less likely to experience kidney function loss.
30-Dec-2019 8:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
Today, seven new members were named to the Kidney Health Initiative (KHI) Board of Directors. KHI is a public-private partnership between the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
2-Jan-2020 7:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
see all news
American Society of Nephrology President and ASN Director of Policy and Government Affairs Comment on Trump Administration’s Overhaul of Kidney Care
10-Jul-2019 9:00 AM EDT
ASN Policy Expert and HIV Patient Advocate Available for Comment on Anticipated Passage of Hope ACT Today
12-Nov-2013 12:00 PM ESTsee all experts