Salt Lake City, Nov. 18, 2019 — The Executive MBA program at the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah is once again ranked as one of the best in the world, according to this year’s rankings by the Financial Times. The program ranked No. 4 in the West, No. 21 nationally and No. 98 globally. It is the only school in Utah to be ranked in the Financial Times’ top-100 Executive MBA programs.
The Financial Times draws information for its rankings from two primary sources: 55 percent of the score is based on surveys of EMBA alumni three years post-graduation, and the remaining 45 percent of the score is calculated from 16 criteria across three different areas. These include alumni career progression, school diversity, international focus, idea generation and research productivity of the faculty.
“It’s an honor to be once again ranked one of the top 25 executive MBA programs in the nation,” said David Eccles School of Business Dean Taylor Randall. “EMBA students come to us already having achieved incredible success in their careers. It’s gratifying to know we’re providing tangible value, both in terms of learning and career growth, to these seasoned professionals.”
Members of the Executive MBA Class of 2016 described going through the program as a transformational experience, citing the dedication and knowledge of faculty as one of the primary reasons for their success.
“I completed my undergrad in a prestigious business program in Canada, so I am familiar with excellent business education. But the Executive MBA Program at the University of Utah is truly a learning experience in a league of its own. The advantages of learning in a tight-knit cohort, being instructed by foremost experts, and interacting with other executive-level professionals are incredible,” said Adam D’Sousa, head of the compliance audit division at Alliance Data and member of the surveyed class of 2016.
The Eccles School also ranked No. 18 in the U.S. and No. 53 globally for the success of its researchers, as measured by publications in the FT-designated top international, academic and business journals.
According to alumni survey responses, Eccles School Executive MBA graduates increased their salaries by an average of 43 percent three years after graduation. This translates to an average salary today of $157,776 for the class of 2016.
"We are honored to be recognized by Financial Times for the strength of our EMBA program," said Brad Vierig, associate dean of MBA programs and Executive Education. “Our program stands out internationally because of our dedication to student career advancement and growth. Our students are seeing a strong return on investment in their education, through salary increases, promotions, and increased responsibilities in their positions. MBA education continues to drive real career advancement for the students that are ready and willing to apply what they learn.”
The program also ranked No. 6 in the U.S. for the quality of its international course experience. University of Utah Executive MBA students travel abroad for their second intensive week and the final session of their program.
The Eccles School Executive MBA is a 21-month program that meets two weekends a month, with a global-focused curriculum geared toward mid- to senior-level professionals. To learn more about the Financial Times rankings, visit http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings
About the David Eccles School of Business
The Eccles School is synonymous with ‘doing.’ The Eccles experience provides a world-class business education with a unique, entrepreneurial focus on real-world scenarios where students put what they learn into practice long before graduation. Founded in 1917 and educating more than 6,000 students annually, the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah offers nine undergraduate majors, four MBAs, eight other graduate programs, a Ph.D. in seven areas, and executive education curricula. The School is also home to 12 institutes, centers, and initiatives that deliver academic research and support an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and innovation. For more information, visit Eccles.Utah.edu or call 801-581-7676.